Bandwidth Usage Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

OpticalOrange99

Hey.

I have a 1.5Mbps down/216Kbps up connection. When my brothers on Youtube or Bitlord or whatever it really lags my Online games. My latency/ping goes up to like 100-500ms rather than the 20ms it should be at. He hogs the upload too so the packets I send get lost on the way to the server too.

Is there anyway to like lock a certain amount of bandwidth for use with a certain program. So when that program is running it will take like 20KB/s up bandwidth and nothing else can use it, and it can take around 100KB/s down and nothing else is allowed to use it? Does anything exist that can put bandwidth restrictions on everything else on the network, thus allowing a chosen application/pc to have a constant amount of bandwidth available to it?

rik said:

I went to "http://bandwidthcontroller.com". I downloaded the Home and Small Office Client. It asks me to connect to a server. None of the PCs on my Network are Servers. I just have two Desktops, a router, and a laptop on wireless. How do I get this thing working?

I entered "localhost" and it still doesn't work. I unblocked in Windows Firewall and port forwarded on my router these ports:
24824-24825TCP
24826UDP
and it still doesn't work.

I tried "password" or "admin" as the password and it still fails to connect. Someone help! And sorry for double posting.

I got bandwidth controller standard working. I just needed to install it with the server software as well.
I uninstalled it though. Does anyone know of any other software that would be suitable to my needs as listed above. Please mention one you have experience with so maybe you could help if I have any questions without me having to post on the program's support forum.

OpticalOrange99 please use the edit button rather than making a new post when there are no other replies in between your last one.

Regards Jase :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back