Banned from this site

combatantdrip

Hi, I am posting this on behalf of my friend who has been banned from this site due to spam
What does that mean and how did that happen??

Could you provide us with the banned username please, and we can then look into this further. Unfortunately it will be impossible to explain the circumstances surrounding your friends banning until we know who they were.

It doesn't appear he was banned to me. Maybe someone fixed it already. Otherwise, this message goes out to people that we ban if whoever is banning remembers to check a box, that may not have happened if your friend did get banned: "If you believe this was not correct, please reply or use the contact form:
https://www.techspot.com/about.shtml "

ViperCDX was banned last month by one of the mods. I'm not sure why though. That user has one post and I don't see anything wrong with it, nor do I see anything wrong with their profile. I assume it was just an accident. The ban should be lifted, but feel free to contact me if there are any problems logging in.

I think I remember this, and forgive me if I'm wrong. I believe ViperCDX posted a hotlink in his first post to the site.

While that isn't necessarily an infraction, it always raises eyebrows, and usually nets a report.

That's what spam memberships are. The first post is an ad tender in a hotlink. If a mod banned Viper on the strength of a 1st post such as that, it isn't a slight, just prudence.

Were there any postings within the thread that were deleted? I'm curious as to how this could have even been an accident.

Nothing was deleted. It could have happened pretty easily on accident. With our tools, every post and thread has a check box to select the item for moderation. The board remembers that selection, so if you decide not to do something and forget to uncheck the item then go moderate something else (say, nuke a spammer), the first selection could be lumped in. Regardless of what happened, mistakes occur and I'm cool with it remaining a mystery if it's not happening frequently.

Regardless of what happened, mistakes occur and I'm cool with it remaining a mystery if it's not happening frequently.
I completely understand, as I am moderating elsewhere on vBulletin and XenForo forums.

I hope ViperCDX was not discouraged and continues to visit.

Back