Base system devices

Any help regarding this problem would be greatly appreciated! I just recently wiped my computer (HP DV6748us) clean and re-installed windows 7 32 bit initially trying to solve my issue of "No Audio Output Device is Installed". Well that plan backfired and instead created more problems. I now have 3 base system devices in my device manager that do not have drivers installed.

1.PCI bus 2, device 5, function 3
2.PCI bus 2, device 5, function 2
3.PCI bus 2, device 5, function 4

I tried just the standard click on update driver and it got me no where. Windows searched for maybe 5 seconds and then said it couldn't find drivers for my device.
The device id's for each are as follows:

1.PCI bus 2, device 5, function 3
-PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0592&SUBSYS_30CF103C&REV_12

2.PCI bus 2, device 5, function 2
-PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0843&SUBSYS_30CF103C&REV_12

3.PCI bus 2, device 5, function 4
-PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0852&SUBSYS_30CF103C&REV_12

any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated!

/* EDIT */
Ooops. Correction. I just realized my original post below was about someone who DOWNGRADED their HP notebook from Vista to XP so those drivers mentioned in that thread are probably for XP and won't work for Windows 7

But you can try DriverIdentifier might help or you may need to go back to vista? IDK

Here's my original post below
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
It look like that HP doesn't provide W7 drivers for that notebook. But you might be in luck as seems others have gone that path before.

I think your missing Base System drivers are for the chipset. Take a look at THIS thread. At quick glance, those Hardware IDs are a match.

Back