Batch file to turn off network password prompt in Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rsawyer16

Hey guys
I am in need of a way to turn off the network password in vista via a batch file.

I found how to turn off UAC but I also need to be able to turn of password required in the network and sharing.

Any Ideas are more than welcome.

thanks in advance.

Are you talking about allowing users to remote logon with no password required?

Whether or not remote logons require a password is set on a per machine basis for each machine you're trying to log into.

It can be changed by setting local policy (if the Windows version supports it) or a registry hack. Take a look here

Actually no what i am looking for is being able to run a bat file that will turn off the network and sharing password , i have one that will disable UAC and enable file and printer sharing but i need it to also turn off the sharing password.

1) What do you mean by "turn off"? Are you talking about both removing a password as well as allowing a blank password??

2) A single valid logon will provide access to shared resources (whether the resource is a printer or shared folder) so not sure when you say you need to turn off different passwords

Ok Here is what I need if you open Network and sharing center in windows vista there is an option to turn on password protected sharing.
By default Vista set this to On I need to create a batch file to turn password protected sharing off.

I have figured out how to turn on Network discovery ,file sharing, public file sharing, and printer sharing but i need to turn off password protected sharing.

the reason is the offices I support are pretty computer illiterate and it is easier to have them double click a batch file that it is to type instructions.

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back