Battery Meter Disappeared

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesW

I have a Dell Inspiron 1525, and recently I noticed that the battery meter in bottom right corner (task bar) has disappeared. Does anyone know how I can get it back? Thank you

this may just work

hi i have an inspiron 1300 and had the same problem

firstly try going into control panel then through the power options and check always show icon, if its already checked, uncheck and then recheck it then hit apply, hopefully that might work for you.. it didnt for me.
if that doesnt work try rightclicking the system tray(where the date and time is) go into properties and make sure the battery icon is on 'always show'.
if that still doesnt work have a look in device manager, see if there is a seperate catagory for 'batteries' if there isnt then you will most likely have to reformat and reinstall windows.... this is what i had to do after spending about 3 weeks looking around on various websites for help.

hope this helped.

Found this on a Google search too:

Start- search "device"- click device manager- select"+" -ACPI FIXED, R click,select uninstall -Restart -click toolbar arrow lower R -Properties -Activate Power Icon - Restart.

So, go to Control Panel>>System>>Advanced>>Performance settings. Select the "data execution prevention" tab and select the second option "turn on dep for all programs and services except those I select". Then click on add and browse to and select the powercfg.exe file (found in Windows\System32). Add this, save it down, restart and hey presto!!

The issue is that in XP SP2, you now have the option to enable "Execution Protection". This is managed from the "System" control panel app, under the performance settings.

I've found that if this turned ON for all programs, the XP battery meter does not load

Do all Windows security Updates

The last one should be done anyway ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back