TechSpot

Battlefield 1942 problem

By Nickteen4
Jun 13, 2008
  1. I have gotten the battlefield 1942 complete collection, and sometimes when i play it will close out. It says its something to to with digital illusions. has anyone else had this problem or found a solution?
    here is a screen shot.

2. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 6,899   +338

Have you installed the game patches?

3. Nickteen4

Nickteen4 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Yes I have the latest patch (i think). but even if I don't I don't think thats the problem because it works fine on my other computer, its just the other one is slow...

4. mailpup

You never know. Different computers react to some games differently sometimes. Digital Illusions is the developer of the BF 1942 game. I can only suggest uninstalling and reinstalling the game and then all patches.

What operating system are you using? XP or Vista?

5. Nickteen4

I tried re downloading it and i have vista. i think its vista because the other is xp but I don't think anyone else had this problem.
    what is the latest patch?

6. mailpup

BF 1942 came out before Vista so try changing the compatibility mode to Windows XP. I think the latest patch version is 1.6.19.

7. Nickteen4

i changed the compatibility... still doesn't work... i think i only had 1.6.1 so ill try that.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.