Battlefield 2: Bad Company 2 problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

bielius

Hey! After long time, i came back here with my problems. Hope not to disturb you all, just looking for some advice ;)

Ok, i got Bad company 2, not in CD, but the d/l -able version.
First time i ran the Autorun.exe , it gave me an error, Saying that Autorun.dat is not there in folder, or just missing. I've spent like 4 days browsing internet, and lastly gave up and reinstalled windows. I again downloaded the game, and voila.. another error.
so what do I have now is, when i press on autorun.exe , then Install, it gives me error that setup.exe has encountered an error and needs to close, AKA don't send thing ( as I call it).
If i press setup.exe , some bat window comes up and after one second it closes. as i was writing this, and opened the folder, i saw a .bat file there, named setup.
I pressed on it, and got this:
---------------------------
16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem
D:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\MYDOCU~1\DOWNLO~1\BFBBC2\rld-bbc2\rld-bbc2\Setup.PIF
Invalid program file name, please check your pif file. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application.
Close

As I've read through internet, i must delete the .pif file somewhere and it should work, or something. So what i ask you people is advice in what shall i do now, to get it working.
my specs are there written near my name.
THANKS!!!

where did u get the game from? was it D2D, Xfire store Need more info.
What OS are you on.
Edit: I see your specs. they are not that good but should run the game on low maybe medium settings. Download SP3 for Windows XP.

it was from xfire store.
I am on Windows XP SP3.
P.S. I actually have SP3, just old info.
and thanks for your replay!

never bought a game off Xfire store so don't know too much about it. try running the setup as an administrator. (right click the setup.exe and click run as admin)

well, my name is administrator, i have those rights, but when i try to use the "default" admin, like the real admin, i don't know a password for it, so maybe there's a default password for it? else i don't know :/

U say you re installed windows? It should not ask for a password. can u screenshot the box that asks for a password.

yeahh, i did.
352p16g.jpg

as you see..

ahh well it says you are an admin so thats not the problem. Windows XP media Center edition. I used it before and never had a box like that. Im gonna do some research, Will see if I have a solution in a min.

i dont have xfire installed, will try in a second.. it may probably be the problem lol.

EDIT:
no, neither it installed nor xfire installed it auto.
probably i have to install it with the setup.exe, just to walk around the error.. somehow.

EDIT2:
It is XP professional, i am 99% sure.

SOrry for double posting.. but can anyone help me on this? i am so desperate to play this game, everyone has tried but I didn't.. please!.

Have you tried there official technical support forum? The community is very active and you might have better luck with them. I personally use Xfire but never bought anything so I don't know how they do things, only digital vendors I used are Steam, Impulse and GOG.

Ok, i will try, but i thought that it will be easier to do it here, because it is kind of WIndows error, not CD-key errors or such, who I need to contact official support. but if anyone knows a way how to overcome this error, i will be VERY! pleased to hear it!!!

thanks for all replies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back