TechSpot

Battlefield 2 causing computer to reboot.

By nonstop
Nov 1, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello, I have WinXP SP2, P4PE motherboard, P3 2.53 and an ATI X850 pro.
    Software I have logitech mouse, keyboard and joystick drivers, Soundblaster Pro, Symantec Anti-Virus, and Zone Alarm Pro.

My BF2 was running fairly well (a very occasional crash) for about 2 months, then suddenly a few days ago it started to cause my computer to reboot. It now reboots approximately 1 out of 3 times it loads a map. The reboots usually come right after a map is loaded, otherwise it runs fine.

I ran the memtest and chkdsk with no problems. I'll attach my minidumps.

I did not alter my system at all before this started happening.

Thanks for any help!

Attached Files:

2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 25,948   +19

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

All your minidumps are crashing at IdeChnDr.sys. This is the driver for the Intel Application Accelerator.

This is a known issue on some systems/configurations.

Uninstall the above application, and let us know the results.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:
  3. nonstop

nonstop TS Rookie Topic Starter

Hey Howard thanks for the quick reply!

Well I uninstalled the IAA and played a game of Battlefield 2. There was a noticable slowdown from uninstalling the IAA. So, I went ahead and reinstalled it. It's been running great ever since.

Thanks again!
  4. Cshizzle

Cshizzle TS Rookie

Same problem. More info.

Hey,

I have the same problem, yet have no idea what you guys are talking about. Cos i not that great with technical computer stuff.

Could you pls explain how i would go about uninstalling and reinstalling these drivers etc. Pls, I cant wait to play BF2 again. :bounce:

Thanks in advance.
  5. nonstop

nonstop TS Rookie Topic Starter

Hi Cshizzle,

Try reading this thread it should help you understand. I had no idea what a minidump was before I came here either!

http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic35103.html
  6. templer21

templer21 TS Rookie

Hello.

I think I have similar problem. Also computer reboots at the end of the map loading - quite often. Although I don't get any minidumps (or I just don't know how to get them - I hope I have this activated but there is no "%SystemRoot%\Minidump" dir where it should be :) ).

My computer: Athlon XP-M 2500+, Abit nf7-s 2.0, Gigabyte 6600gt AGP, 2x512 MB RAM, just bought Creative X-fi Platinum (can IT be the problem?). System WinXP SP2

Temps, voltages are OK for sure. Prime95, memtest, etc 100% OK.

Could you please give me any hint?
    Thx in advance!
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.