battlefield 2 install problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

nnick

evry time i have tried to install BF 2 i get to about 1/3 of the way through where it says instert disk 2
At this point i do so and the install seems to stop at a point where it is installing a level, like Fushe_fal or some thing like that.
ive waited for up to a .5 hr and it has made no progress.
my comp is a new XPS so it can def. handle the game
any suggestions

Don't be to sure about your new Dell. Post your specs, especially cpu/ram/video.

Also, is the installer actually frozen? Does it say "Not responding"? Look in Task Manager, how much RAM and CPU resources is it using? Are you installing from an administrator user account? If you had the BF2 demo, did you uninstall it? Check the disks, are the clean? Check your Windows error logs for anything pertaining to your CD-ROMs or BF2 itself. Try turning off any "anti" tools you have running, like antivirus/antispyware.
Try deleting any files it already installed, delete all your temp files (with a program like Crap Cleaner), load the latest drivers for your video card, and then defrag the hard drive and try again.
If you have more then one CD drive, try installing with the other one.

Good luck!

BF 2 error

yeah, how do you find out what type of graphics card u have?
there seems to be a scratch on the disk but im not sure if that is the problem
all my other systme requirements pass
how do i install the lastet drivers for my video card

Click Start-Run-DXDIAG and hit enter. Click yes on the popup box. Then go to the Display tab. You details are in the top left box.

You can also see what Windows itself thinks you have. Right-click My Computer and choose properties. Click Hardware tab and then Device Manager. See under the Display Adapters heading. What does it say?

Radeon X600
how do i installthe latest drivers
the requirements for BF2 say ati radeon 8500 or higher
i dont think this is the problem though
maybe the scratch on the disk is
if it is, do u know if there is anyway i can return my game under a warranty

holy s*** the install just started working'
i dont know what u told me to do but it wrked, ithink
peace
thank u

Well I hope it works, it's a good game :)

You can get the latest ATI drivers from the downloads section on www.ati.com.
However, being a Dell, you will probably want to check Dell's own download section for your model, just in case the video is proprietary OEM.

Then if you are really really really wanting perfection to play BF2, I suggest spending the time to read this performance guide:
http://www.tweakguides.com/BF2_1.html
Lots of ways to make the game play good, and improve your skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back