Battlefield 2 + Windows 7 = epic fail

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok...what had happened was...

i had windows xp installed as my OS. battlefield 2 and all expansions play flawlessly

my specs are as follows:
pentium celeron D 3.33ghz processor
3 gigs of ram
nvidia geforce 9800 gt 512mb ddr3

i recently switched OS to windows 7 ultimate. battlefield will not work. i see people say battlefield wont work on windows 7, but at the same time i see people who have it working on windows 7. i have tried reinstalling multiple times, downloading "virtual pc" and running it in xp mode. running in xp compatibility mode. editing registrys, changing refresh rates. nothing works...anybody have any other suggestions???????

Are all the motherboard chipset drivers (compatible with Win 7) installed?

update...i got bf2 to run by using the installation cd that came with my video card. but now i have a new problem...i get kicked by punkbuster after 30 sec - 1 min of being in server. i have had 3 different messages. heartbeats stopped, inaccessable server, and no packet flow. i have updated pb. i have re-installed bf2 but no success

Do you have other potentially punkbuster conflicting software installed? Are Daemon tools or similar programs installed?

update...i got bf2 to run by using the installation cd that came with my video card. but now i have a new problem...i get kicked by punkbuster after 30 sec - 1 min of being in server. i have had 3 different messages. heartbeats stopped, inaccessable server, and no packet flow. i have updated pb. i have re-installed bf2 but no success

You need to use both PB tools to update, those are the common signs of PB being outdated.
Also, run it in XP compatibility mode. And also try to run it as administrator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back