TechSpot

Battlefield 3 gameplay trailer rolls out, looks impressive

By Jos
Mar 2, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Following last week's short teaser trailer of Battlefield 3, Electronic Arts and DICE have released a brand-new gameplay trailer and screenshots for its highly anticipated shooter. The game is being developed with the new Frostbite 2.0 engine and is focused foremost on the PC platform to showcase what current hardware is capable of -- and according to early impressions it was quite a demonstration of character animation, destructible environments and superb lighting.

Read the whole story
  2. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TS Evangelist Posts: 3,468   +622

Well.. that's definitely graphically impressive..
  3. xempler

xempler TS Rookie Posts: 24

Ugh. Great now my pants are wet.
  4. ess333

ess333 TS Rookie Posts: 28

pure awesomeness ... i will plant a big wet kiss on DICE
  5. Cueto_99

Cueto_99 TS Enthusiast Posts: 247   +12

Just plain simple WOW!!
  6. pcnthuziast

pcnthuziast TS Rookie Posts: 313

Looks awesome, but I hope Frostbite 2 is better optimized than 1. I think my current system should be ready though with 2600K & GTX 470.
  7. TeamworkGuy2

TeamworkGuy2 TS Enthusiast Posts: 195

I was not that excited two months back when I heard rumors about this, but I admit I am getting excited.
    Hope PC requirements are not to outrageous.
  8. Lokalaskurar

Lokalaskurar TS Enthusiast Posts: 616

The Frostbite 2's lighting effects are just plainly amazing!
  9. j05hh

j05hh TS Rookie Posts: 96   +15

damn that looks sick!
  10. hassaan

hassaan TS Rookie Posts: 90

Indeed!! It really does look impressive!! *Added to wishlist*
  11. Adhmuz

Adhmuz TechSpot Paladin Posts: 903   +99

KARKLAND BABY! And who was complaining that DICE stopped working on expansions?

12. Wagan8r

Wagan8r TS Guru Posts: 592   +45

That was beautiful. Thank you DICE. You have earned my money.
  13. Cota

Cota TS Enthusiast Posts: 521   +8

Now all i need is a sticker on my car that says I <3 DICE
  14. timlovehead

timlovehead TS Rookie

Hope the campaign co-op isn't just a (rooster) tease, just like the other stupid games such as COD.
  15. Chazz

Chazz TS Enthusiast Posts: 633   +60

Why would you do this to me DICE?! I was gonna buy this regardless, now I'll be counting down the days! If you delay this, it's war.
  16. lawfer

lawfer TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,272   +90

Holy ****. You know, if only companies put their heart into their creations like DICE... but I can only dream.

The lighting. Did you see those lighting effects? That was just gorgeous.

I'm sold.
  17. princeton

princeton TS Addict Posts: 1,716

Wow. I had more fun moving my mouse around pretending to play it then I had playing any CoD game. That's an accomplishment, or I'm just an *****. Probably both :p
  18. Schadenfreude

Schadenfreude TS Rookie

Is it just me or everyone feels that the animation and graphics are better than crysis 2.
  19. RaiDeR55

RaiDeR55 TS Rookie Posts: 45

When is this movie coming out ??? Oh that's right its game.. Awesome lighting ,this is how to do it.. With DX 11,Not some Dx9 graphic engine.. The ambenient sounds and how the fire fights sound's in the city,with the echoing effect.Almost triggers flashbacks from when in real fire fights..Just missing the smells..

Pre-ordering for sure now.!
  20. Relic

Relic TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,392   +16

A bit jaw-dropping to say the least, I'm not big on pre-ordering but BF3 is definitely on that list now. Seeing WASD pop-up was just awesome and put a big smile on my face :) .
  21. Per Hansson

Per Hansson TS Server Guru Posts: 1,930   +123 Staff Member

Wow, this just looks amazing!
    I'm actually kind of regretting preordering Crysis 2 about 6 months ago, the latest news on that game does not leave me impressed!
    This tho, no CGI animation at all, in the opening seconds I actually thought it was a real movie, i.e. filmed real life, and then I went "oh"
    Thank you Dice, thank you!

EDIT; Just read this on Wikipedia, I'm literally laughing out loud now vs the news that Crysis 2 will be released with only DirectX 9 support at the beginning:
    "The next generation of Frostbite will debut with Battlefield 3. It will take full advantage of the DirectX 11 API and 64-bit processors, with no support for DirectX 9 (nor, therefore, Windows XP). It will also feature enhanced in-game destruction with Destruction 3.0, creating more refined physics than its predecessor."
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frostbite_Engine
  22. princeton

They are better than crysis 2,

Mostly because Crysis 2 is inferior to the first game on a graphical level. Oh hey let's put the same models and textures on all 3 graphical settings. I'm sure PC gamers will be content with our bloom rape and godrays on the higher settings.
  23. jeffz6

jeffz6 TS Rookie Posts: 78

Crysis 2 was drooled over when we first saw the trailers, now you all bash it. Battlefield 3 looks impressive, but lets wait until the release date.
  24. princeton

People drooled over the trailers because they don't understand the concept of a pre rendered video.
  25. freythman

freythman TS Enthusiast Posts: 124   +10

Looks pretty sweet!

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.