Battlefield 3 gamers, about the March patch

RayRay

Hello

Those of you here that play battlefield 3 and may have played the game from pre-patch through post-patch, like me, may have noticed that the suppression effect has changed drastically. Also the random bullet spread during suppression has been changed ridiculously high. And my opinion, having random bullet spread instead of gun sway is just plain stupid in a game like this.

Many people feels that this has dumbed down the game. After reading a lot on forums, A guy on the bf3 forum and me thinks we have came up with a compromise to make the game better and see if we can make DICE listen.

-------------------------------------------------------------
This is what's posted on getsatisfaction.com/battlefield3:

During reading posts about the new suppression change for several days, I have noticed some constructive and reasonable suggestions for suppression improvements. I thought it might be good to sum them up here in one thread.

1. A Build-up Suppression System

Instead of getting fully suppression by random stray bullets or missing bullets, suppression would need to build-up from a minimum value to a maximum value by continuous firing towards the target. This would prevent "missing" to fully suppress people and encourage proper use of suppression.

2. Weapon Specific Suppression Value

Weapons that are mainly used for the purpose of suppression should have a higher suppression value which means they will suppress targets faster or suppress target to a bigger extent. e.g. LMGs would naturally be the first choice of suppressive weapon and pistols(even automatic ones) would hardly suppress anyone.

3. Added Recoil and/or Gun Sway Instead of Bullet Spread

The reason behind this change is that recoil and sway can be overcome by training and skills while spread pretty much can't. This would simulate the fact that a seasoned veteran is less panicked/affected by suppressing fire while still retain the handicap factor of suppression.

That's all folks. Any additional suggestions are welcomed. Reasonable/civilized discussion is encouraged

--------------------------------------------------------------------

You may see this as spam, but I really burn for this change.

Btw, you need to log in to your battlelog before you can vote, I know, it sucks. But I really want your support on this.
https://getsatisfaction.com/battlefield3/topics/_gathering_up_suppression_improvement_ideas

Thanks

Yeah I agree, those are all good points. The bullets shouldn't just spread randomly when you're under suppressive fire.

Also the mobile AA takes down choppers way too easily now.

Core Gameplay Designer Alan Kertz has already admitted he raised suppression and it's affected range too high and will fix it.

Back