Battlefield 3 massive lag spikes

thesurvivor190

I recently got battlefield 3, and i get massive lag spikes when i play it, both online and multiplayer. For the first 5 minutes or so, itll be fine (80-100 fps) and after that there will be massive lag spikes every 10 seconds or so. All the settings are on ultra, and msaa is at 2x. The weird thing is that my computer is running it fine, except that it will lag out after 5 minutes and it becomes unplayable.

My setup:
Windows 7 64 bit.
4 gigs ddr3 ram crucial
2x hd5870 1gb in crossfire

EDIT: This also happens when i play it on high settings, so i think its crossfire. My drivers are up to date, so i dont know what to do.

Details of your PSU?

Have you installed the latest game patches available for BF3?

Does this problem occur at the specified interval, at lower settings within the game?

Make sure you use the latest drivers, from what I've heard the Catalyst Application Profile (CAP) for BF3 is the problem. Try reinstalling without installing the CAPs.

You'r not alone!!!!!

As you can see on this video you'r not alone!!

In you tube search with "Battlefield 3 pc lag with 6870 crossfire" and watch it.

The problem occurs only in multi (not in Coop & Campaign).

All driver settings have the same effect.....

I have to play without CF......

My configuration:

i7 920 @4Ghz,
5870 CF
Corsair 750W
P6T SE
Windows 7 64 bits

my psu is a 1000w cooler master silent pro.
How do you install game patches for BF3? doesn't origin automatically install it?
Btw, this happens in both multiplayer and singleplayer. Changing the settings lower also doesn't seem to help, so I think it's crossfire. This doesn't happen with only 1 graphics card.

also, I have 11.9 drivers.
EDIT: also, what do you mean by CAP? is it necessary for anything else?

Hello,

new 11.10 Driver release and CAP4 have no effect.

Waiting for new AMD driver release, or BF3 patch.....

shame on AMD and EA Games.

Haven't experienced the issues yet on my system. Will try and make some time to test out on the multiplayer. I've been running the game with MSAA disabled completely though, I'll turn on 2x and see if it has any impact.

what i did is download driver sweeper and completely wipe all display drivers then reinstall the drivers also you might have a heat issue as this game really taxs your video card so you might want to turn the fan speed up and see if that helps.

I already do use driver sweeper I install video drivers. Also, how do i turn the fan speed up? GPUz says that its around 60-80 degrees generally, which i think is normal.

I recently got battlefield 3, and i get massive lag spikes when i play it, both online and multiplayer. For the first 5 minutes or so, itll be fine (80-100 fps) and after that there will be massive lag spikes every 10 seconds or so. All the settings are on ultra, and msaa is at 2x. The weird thing is that my computer is running it fine, except that it will lag out after 5 minutes and it becomes unplayable.

My setup:
Windows 7 64 bit.
4 gigs ddr3 ram crucial
2x hd5870 1gb in crossfire

EDIT: This also happens when i play it on high settings, so i think its crossfire. My drivers are up to date, so i dont know what to do.

I just got B3 and I am having the exact same problem. I am running on an Alienware M17x R3. I have all latest drivers. Please tell me this has been fixed.

i run at 35 fps b/c im on a laptop, your pc is fine, make sure you install the latest drivers and profiles from aMD

Back