TechSpot

BB Code Tags

By TheDreams
Apr 29, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. I was trying to edit my signature on here but when I made it and tried to save the changes it said: Sorry, your signature contains BB Code Tags that are not allowed.What does that mean and how can I change it?

2. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TS Guardian Fighter Posts: 8,430   +2,822

BB Code (Bulletin Board Code) is code that wraps text to give it special formating.
    Code:
    [I]text[/I]
    Are you copying your signature from a different site? If so some of the formating may not be allowed here at TS.

3. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 7,007   +594

I'm not even sure if we support bbcode anymore since we moved on to the new community platform. As for signatures, we only allow plain text and a couple of links in there, no formatting.

4. TheDreams

TheDreams TS Addict Topic Starter Posts: 599   +57

All I tried was typing this "Best Game Out There: Amnesia: The Dark Descent" with Amnesia: The Dark Descent being a link to http://www.amnesiagame.com/#main

5. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 7,007   +594

Must be the color code. Use plain text with the link and you should be good.

6. TheDreams

Ok thanks it updated but I have to wait until I'm on my computer because I can't figure out how to hyper link the words on my iPod.

7. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TS Evangelist Posts: 2,920   +627

You really like the game huh? :p (In regards to Pigs thread)

8. TheDreams

Yes I do, I love Amnesia for some reason it gives me a trill and is more realistic then other games I've tried playing and well I don't know I kinda feel attached to it lol, I know its kind of weird but oh well.

St1ckM4n likes this.