TechSpot

Bc code f4 on Vista

By Keliptic
Nov 15, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Hello,

Im currently having an issue on one of my computers with the bluescreen code f4,
    (STOP:0x000008E) i suspect its the RAM but i'd like another opition before i start messing, i've attacted the .dmp file at the bottom.

Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 11,966   +70

Even though nothing more definitive than hardware was cited as the cause in three of your five files, I believe your bad RAM suspicion is probably justified because...

1. 4 different error codes in five files is a strong indicator of corrupted memory.

2. Two errors are the same 0x8E and these are almost always caused by hardware and are especially a strong indicator of bad RAM.

* Run memtest for a minimum of 7 Passes and the more Passes after 7 so much the better. The only exception is if you begin getting errors before 7 Passes. Then stop the test and run it on individual sticks.

3. Keliptic

Keliptic TS Rookie Topic Starter

Ok thanks for the info ill definitely run memtest, got it around somwhere. thanks again.