BCCode F4 on Windows 7 Premium 64-bit

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the past 2 days, my PC has been acting odd (increasingly slower performance, locking up, etc). So, here's what I've done:

• Yesterday morning I decided to use the restore discs that came with my Dell/Alienware Aurora machine. Ever since the reinstall, I've had a blue-screen.
  • I've restored the machine several times, each time trying to identify drivers that may be causing an issue.
  • I also removed one of the three hard drives that had an error on it (a Google search showed that a failing hard drive may cause the same error).

I'm still getting the error (this is my third attempt to post on this forum without getting a BlueScreen).

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide. I've attached two of the dump files.

This seems to be the common error:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: f4
BCP1: 0000000000000003
BCP2: FFFFFA800B853B30
BCP3: FFFFFA800B853E10
BCP4: FFFFF80002D7B240
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\021910-20638-01.dmp

Attachments

• 021910-21153-01.zip
    26.3 KB · Views: 3
  • 021910-40170-01.zip
    30 KB · Views: 1
I spoke with Dell tech support. I ran all of their hardware tests, which passed. They suggested that I reinstall Windows and install the drivers from their website in a specific order.

I just finished reinstalling Windows and came back to a Blue Screen. WTF?

I read your minidumps previously but my internet was acting weird and I could not access your post to reply.

Your error in both dumps is 0x000000F4: CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION
One of the many processes or threads crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been terminated. As a result, the system can no longer function. Specific causes are many, and often best resolved by a careful history of the problem and the circumstances of the error message, i.e. when doe it happen, what are you doing, etc.

In both they cite the Windows OS driver csrss.sys.

The Microsoft Client Server Runtime Server subsystem utilizes the process csrss.exe for managing the majority of the graphical instruction sets under the Microsoft Windows operating system. As such Csrss.exe provides the critical functions of the operating system, and its termination can result in the Blue Screen of Death being displayedCsrss.exe controls threading and Win32 console window features.

Since you reinstalled Windows and down loaded their drivers per instructions and you are still getting BSODs there is a strong possibility it is a hardware issue. OR it could be a third party driver.

Attach your latest and last minidump.

Thank you for the information.

I called Dell after yet another fresh Windows install (per their instructions) with no drivers or anything installed. I still kept getting Blue Screens.

The Dell tech logged into the system and ran a sfc. It was around 51% when I received a new Blue Screen with only this error showing:

STOP: c0000135 The program can't start because %hs is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

0xC0000135: UNABLE_TO_LOCATE_DLL
Windows attempted to load a DLL file and encountered some error condition. Among the many possible causes are that the file is missing or damaged, or that there is Registry corruption.

I am wondering if your harddrive is physically damaged, your OS disk is corrupted, or your CD/DVD drive is faulty.

All hardware tests came back with a passing grade.

Dell is sendng a new Windows 7 Premium 64-bit install disc since mine seems to be missing files or has corrupted files. I'm hoping this IS the actual issue, but I won't know unless there is (1) a miracle or (2) until the disc arrives on Tuesday.

Thank you Route44 for your assistance. I brought up the optical drive issue and the tech asked me to insert a disc. He had no problems copying entire discs to my drive, so the CD seems to be healthy.

You're welcome; any help I or others that we can provide is something we enjoy doing.

Since he was able to copy the discs to the drive how are things now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back