TechSpot

Bccode issues

By teepee
Apr 22, 2007
  1. hi
    my pc has suddenly thrown a few wobblies, more specifically switching off, leaving me with a bccode error (BCCode : 100000d1 BCP1 : 5E7A7878 BCP2 : 00000002 BCP3 : 00000001). I've carried out the suggestions by howard hopkinso but would be interested to know what is happening. To this end I have (hopefully) attached the only 2 minidump files that I can find. What is going on??? Thanks

2. BlameCanada

BlameCanada TS Rookie Posts: 320

They both are caused by Zone Alarm.
    Either fully uninstall it,then reinstall or
    get Comodo or Kerio firewall instead.
    More HERE

3. teepee

teepee TS Rookie Topic Starter

npt ZA again!!! I've had so many problems with Trend PCillin & ZA fighting, but ZA appears to be highly recommended so I've put up with it. What is it doing now?

4. BlameCanada

ZA has issues with some configurations.
    Try it with AVG or use another firewall.
    Comodo is what I use.

5. teepee

hi
    it's done another crash (again during a night of downloading). JIC it's different, I've enclosed the latest dump. Is this ZA still?

6. peterdiva

peterdiva TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 1,088

Yes it is. Are you aware that Trend Micro is still installed? Did you install AVG to replace it? The tm_cfw.sys file is a firewall module according to THIS.

7. teepee

At the moment I've got ZA, AVG & Trend Micro running at the same time. They've been running fine with a little tweaking for a couple of years. Now things are starting to go wrong. Trend keeps blocking logging in (it's actually switched off now to allow me to send this message) - Trend say ZA is interfering (well they would). ZA is now apparently now causing the PC to have a serious system error and shut down. Only AVG has not screwed something up yet. Both the ZA & AVG are the free versions, whilst I am paying for Trend. This subscription is due for renewal shortly. What should I do?

8. BlameCanada

Uninstall Trend

9. teepee

so if I uninstall Trend, then I should keep AVG for the anti virus bit & ZA for the firewall?

10. peterdiva

peterdiva TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 1,088

Yes, you should only have one AV program and one Firewall program installed at the same time.

11. teepee

but if ZA is causing this crashing, should I rely on it. OR is it because it's 'fighting' with Trend that it's gone naughty?

as an aside, now I've got ZA uninstalled, Trend is allowing me to remain logged on to sites.

12. BlameCanada

You just need one firewall and one AV.
    Either use ZA OR Trend.Not both.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.