Before I buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought a laptop for a school work back in the fall. I had played WOW-TBC on a computer that I know doesn't have the specs that my laptop has, but my laptop's in game performance is just awful. My fps in Orgrimmar can get as low as 4! Then I did some research and noticed that these integrated video cards are the reason for the crappy performance. It made me mad, but I thought about maybe just buying a dedicated vid card for the $800 laptop that I had. I, being not so computer savy, found out that laptops cannot have their video card upgraded. This has really been bothering me. It is just not playable on my laptop. So, with all of that said...

I still really want to play the game, BUT I am a college student that has a very tight budget. I would like to buy a desktop computer that is reliable for playing WoW, but isn't gonna break my pockets. I was thinking about even buying a used corporate tower from e-bay for about $100 and just upgrading the vid card and the memory card. Does anyone have any experience with doing this? Some of the computers on ebay look good and have positive feedback, but I know it is still a gamble to purchase one that is used.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me? Maybe a website or something that sells some decent used computers for a low price. Thanks!

I know that Micro Center shows refurbished Dells and other brands on their website. See here: Micro Center

I'm not endorsing them since I've never bought a refurbished PC from them but I have bought an occasional computer component from them before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back