Being redirected by google to copy-book

By gingertom92
Nov 25, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i am being redirected when i click Google links to either copy-book.com or other search engines. I use Mozilla Firefox and i am on windows XP.

i know very little about computers and would be grateful for any help you can give
  2. rf6647

rf6647 TechSpot Maniac Posts: 931

Welcome to TS. I am trying to anticipate your needs. Here is a ‘canned’ response.+ kicker exercised when experiencing trouble with the tools.

Canned response
    kicker
    Often the 'gurgle' redirect is accompanied by failure of the scanning tools to perform completely or experience update failures. Neither choice is a guarantee of success.

Choice !
    CureIt 4.44 now available @Cnet. (download dot com - phoenetical spelling to frustrate spy-slurpers recording the link).

Use if offer not available at CnetVendor Site -Freeware version - Drweb CureIt

Choice 2
    This was developed locally: script by mflynn zipped to zap bug screwing update/download

Of course, for the full treatment, please consider the 8-step malware removal guide

Please include a progress report & identify If CureIt or mflynn was helpful. Re-state the symptoms that are still present.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.