Belkin 54G ADSL Modem Router

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone

This is my first post to the forum and by looking at some of the information available on the site - this is the place to be!!

I have just purchased this router to update my old ADSL usb modem following an upgrade to Windows Vista.

Although I have the router working in most aspects, there is one area where which I find confusing. I cannot seem to find a way of connecting automatically to the Internet.

At present I open Internet Explorer, type in 192.168.2.1 and connect from the set up screen.

Can anyone tell me if there is a method of making this connection set on computer start up?

Although I have been a PC user for some years, my experience on the networking side is very limited and is quite new territory for me.

Hope you can help.

Kevin Evans
Downham Market
Norfolk

The connection has got nothing to do with the computer starting up at all. Your computer is always connected to the router and that's all your conmputer has to know. It's the router's problem how to connect to the internet.

You should have a "connect on demand" or "auto connect" setting somewhere in the router setup. This tells the router to keep the connection alive no matter if a computer is turned on or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back