belkin wireless network encryption problem

By xobra
Jul 28, 2005
  1. Hi, I bought a Belkin wireless G router a few months back and encrypted it within the first week, not writing my encryption passphrase down. Yesterday, the internet stopped working for a time and I thought it may be a software problem, so i reinstalled the Belkin utility on which teh passsphrase and encryption access was saved. I cant remember the passphrase now and so cant get past the encryption to use the internet. I've piled my pc into my room so i could plug the pc internet the actual modem and not the router. I dont know the encryption passphrase to use the wireless router, and thus cant use any of my wireless equipment, can anyone help?
  2. vbprog40

vbprog40 TS Rookie

For starters I would try to connect to it through a ethernet cable directly...then you can reset your WEP key. If this is not possible, on all belkin routers there is a hard reset button. It should be located on the back. Hold this down for about 10 secs and your back to factory defaults.

Hope this helps.
  3. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,172

Just plug your computer into the router with an ethernet wire. This will allow you to login and change any settings, and reset the encryption passphrase.

:wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:
  4. xobra

xobra TS Rookie Topic Starter

thanks to both of you
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.