Benchmarks for Intel's Cedar Trail netbook platform leaked

By Jos
Aug 29, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Earlier this month we heard that Intel would be delaying the launch of its next-generation netbook platform until November due to a graphics driver issues. Nevertheless those looking forward to…

Read the whole story
  2. mosu

mosu TS Guru Posts: 416   +43

3DMark 2006?!!! Come on, no DirectX11?
  3. I'm getting real sick of hearing the AMD vs Intel graphics articles. It would be a different story if Intel just got into graphics a year ago, but they didn't. Like damn, Intel put graphics on chip before AMD/ATi - a GPU company. AMD only had to announce and wait 6 years to finally produce their offering. I'm all for competition, but I'm not gonna feel sorry for AMD. That's juss effin business. You fail, you lose. I think AMD needs to pick a real fight... like say, with their CPU's, against a CPU company.

*hey mosu, Intel graphics don't do DX11, remember? You should have said, "Come on, no 3DMark Vantage?"
  4. mosu

mosu TS Guru Posts: 416   +43

Hey, courageous Intel fanboy, I was pointing that Intel does not have a functional DX11 compatible chip yet!
  5. Sarcasm

Sarcasm TS Guru Posts: 346   +26

Sick of seeing how an AMD APU whoops the bejesus out of a useless Intel Atom with the new offerings that doesn't have much more to offer than its predecessors?

I don't care what manufacturer makes what, all I know is that you get more for your money with an AMD APU inside a Netbook.

And yes I would rather have an I7-2600K for my desktop.

Competition breeds excellence, fanboys breeds ignorance.

R3DP3NGUIN TS Booster Posts: 147   +8

Well said!!!

Desktop wise, I myself seem to always tell people who want the fastest CPU to go with Intel, even though my system is AMD based.
  7. I wish I could see a benchmark that somehow correlate performance per battery life in a meaningful way (or in a way that a computer-challeged person like me can understand in a single snapshot.) Only reason why I buy netbook is for a long trip (~10hr flight) so that i can continuously work or watch video the whole time. Any netbook that lasts less than 6 hours under load is useless in my opinion.