1. TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users. Ask a question and give support. Join the community here.
    TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users.
    Ask a question and give support.
    Join the community here, it only takes a minute.
    Dismiss Notice

Benchmarks for Intel's Cedar Trail netbook platform leaked

By Jos · 6 replies
Aug 29, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Earlier this month we heard that Intel would be delaying the launch of its next-generation netbook platform until November due to a graphics driver issues. Nevertheless those looking forward to…

Read the whole story

2. mosu

mosu TS Guru Posts: 440   +60

3DMark 2006?!!! Come on, no DirectX11?

3. I'm getting real sick of hearing the AMD vs Intel graphics articles. It would be a different story if Intel just got into graphics a year ago, but they didn't. Like damn, Intel put graphics on chip before AMD/ATi - a GPU company. AMD only had to announce and wait 6 years to finally produce their offering. I'm all for competition, but I'm not gonna feel sorry for AMD. That's juss effin business. You fail, you lose. I think AMD needs to pick a real fight... like say, with their CPU's, against a CPU company.

*hey mosu, Intel graphics don't do DX11, remember? You should have said, "Come on, no 3DMark Vantage?"

4. mosu

mosu TS Guru Posts: 440   +60

Hey, courageous Intel fanboy, I was pointing that Intel does not have a functional DX11 compatible chip yet!

5. Sarcasm

Sarcasm TS Guru Posts: 353   +40

Sick of seeing how an AMD APU whoops the bejesus out of a useless Intel Atom with the new offerings that doesn't have much more to offer than its predecessors?

I don't care what manufacturer makes what, all I know is that you get more for your money with an AMD APU inside a Netbook.

And yes I would rather have an I7-2600K for my desktop.

Competition breeds excellence, fanboys breeds ignorance.

6. R3DP3NGUIN

R3DP3NGUIN TS Booster Posts: 150   +8

Well said!!!

Desktop wise, I myself seem to always tell people who want the fastest CPU to go with Intel, even though my system is AMD based.

7. I wish I could see a benchmark that somehow correlate performance per battery life in a meaningful way (or in a way that a computer-challeged person like me can understand in a single snapshot.) Only reason why I buy netbook is for a long trip (~10hr flight) so that i can continuously work or watch video the whole time. Any netbook that lasts less than 6 hours under load is useless in my opinion.