Benchmarks for Racing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Islander

Although I have World in Conflict and Wolves of the Pacific, my gaming time is usually spent racing - lately with NFS ProStreet and GTL; currently GRID.

My question: the hardware reviews and articles I have read that include bench test results always refer to testing for results in FPS and RPG games and so forth, but never test for results in racing games/sims. Am I correct in assuming that is because racing games are less demanding of hardware (although we all know that racers themselves are smarter and better looking)? Or is there some other reason? Are we too small a portion of the market to spend the effort on? I have not seen any racing-dedicated magazines, either. By the way, I recently replaced the ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT card in my budget PC with a NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT card for close to the same price I paid for the 2600 about a year ago. Installed in a breeze and works like a charm. A large improvement in settings, resolution and frame rate on my 1440 x 900 19 inch widescreen. Love it.

Thanks for any elucidation. - Frank

P.S. I meant to ask, of the benchmark results that writers do provide, are any of them particularly pertinent to racers' needs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back