TechSpot

Benq 700 won't power up

By Leram Cain
Jun 21, 2008
  1. My monitor stopped working last night. I kinda hit the power button a bit too hard, that might be relevant. Any thoughts?

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,244   +234

Can we have a bit more information? Like system specs, and if you tried another monitor first?

3. Leram Cain

Leram Cain TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 22

?

The System's fine. I had another monitor on standby, but its an old CRT. It's just the monitor I hit and is out of commission.

4. Tmagic650

Old CRT monitor... not worth doing anything. Trash it!

5. Leram Cain

My Mistake

I think I worded it wrong, the CRT IS the replacement; the monitor that's gathering dust is a 3-month-old LCD. It's the one that I smacked.

6. Tmagic650

Make sure the the LCD's power adapter is plugged in tightly, and that it is providing power. These are the first things that need to be checked, with a faulty LCD monitor. Unless you "smacked" it with a baseball bat or knocked it on the floor, I doubt if that was the cause of serious damage

7. Leram Cain

Baseball bats are scarce around here

However, the blow I dealt my LCD was on the power button, So maybe that might help?

8. Tmagic650

So then you probably broke the switch. You will have to take it to someone who can either replace the switch or bypass it

9. Leram Cain

Already done

Thanks for your help at any rate

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.