Best £50 (~$80) PC headset for gaming

By Omnislip
Aug 13, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Sorry if this is the wrong forum, but I didn't see anywhere more appropriate.

Priorities:
    Great positional audio
    USB (dont want to need to blow more money on a sound card, and the onboard sound on the MSI P55-GD65 is apperently a bit poor)
    Comfortable
    I am not concerned with poor audio for music, although it would be nice if it worked well for movies.

I was looking at the Creative Sound Blaster Arena and the Saitek Cyborg 5.1. I was concerned about Creatives notorious driver unreliability, and one review said that quality was atrocious on about 60% of games on Windows 7. Meanwhile the Cyborg 5.1 has got mainly good reviews, but some complain of a buzzing sound and a didgy microphone.

Have I overlooked any good options? Do you have any experience with either of these headsets, or near competitors?

Thank you very much for any help.
  2. dustin_ds3000

dustin_ds3000 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,128

3. EXCellR8

EXCellR8 The Conservative Posts: 2,278

^I'm using one of those... and it's amazing. It also features virtual surround sound :)

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.