Best 650w+ PSU I can get for $80

By ikesmasher
Aug 29, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Psus should be boring. No excitement should exist. Power the fun stuff. So I want a boring (meaning no fancy LEDs or crap like that) PSU that does at least 650w. With a reasonable amount of amperage. Preferably seasonic or some brand or maker known to be reliable. I shouldnt have to replace it in 5 years, as a $50 PSU from best buy 6 years ago is still working. I like the seasonic 660XP2 but obviously thats out of my price range. What should I get? im mostly looking for DEPENDABILITY, modular is great but not a requirement (its definitely considered).

It should work as advertised. Apparently thats difficult to find in a power supply these days without paying $150. :p
  2. dividebyzero

dividebyzero trainee n00b Posts: 4,809   +642

I'd suggest this Sparkle 650W. It's 80+ Gold certified, and is effectively a rebranded FSP Aurum Gold ( Sparkle Power is a division of FSP, or Fortron). I doubt you'd get a better deal for $60. It isn't modular which seems to be the only downside.
    (Product page)
    Rage_3K_Moiz, JC713 and ikesmasher like this.
  3. JC713

JC713 TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 6,797   +882

The Corsair TX650 is also a good choice. The HX650 was @ $90 a weeks ago after main in rebate. Too bad that is done.
  4. Rage_3K_Moiz

Rage_3K_Moiz Sith Lord Posts: 7,281   +24

I second dividebyzero's recommendation; that Sparkle PSU offers incredible quality and value!
  5. slh28

slh28 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,925   +170

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.