Best action-RPG you've ever played

By rudralande881
Mar 16, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. the action rpg you loved the most
  2. Eon Blue

Eon Blue Newcomer, in training

Oh dude, Tales of Symphonia was my favorite, on the gamecube.
  3. SwagOfficial

SwagOfficial Newcomer, in training

Dragonage for the xbox360
  4. EXCellR8

EXCellR8 The Conservative Posts: 2,278

Fallout 3 or Mass Effect 2 I guess...
  5. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,272   +258

If Dragon Age counts in that category then I guess you'd have to throw that one in... but a couple of oldies that I have to throw in there are some Ys games - one The Oath in Felghana and the other is The Ark of Napishtim. I almost feel like I should throw in a Zelda or Castlevania game in there somewhere also - or maybe even Guardian Heroes on the Sega Saturn.
  6. jeremy1982

jeremy1982 Newcomer, in training Posts: 85

Does diablo count as rpg? If so i'm have to say diablo!! Diablo 3 looks really good from what i have seen so far.
  7. R3DP3NGUIN

R3DP3NGUIN TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 154

I would have to say, Starwars the old republic 1 and 2.
  8. Lokalaskurar

Lokalaskurar TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 616

Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2. Even though I flat-out broke my Mass Effect 2 program (I only have a single-core PC, you see), I must say that it was without any doubt whatsoever, the very best Action RPG I've ever played.

What's neat with ME, is that Bioware ain't stoopid. As a practicer of physics, one is thrilled with the sheer amount of scientific detail used in ME. The spaceships shining blue when travelling FTL? That's Čerenkov-radiation, radiation emitted when particles travel faster than light in a medium (often other than vacuum). Faster than light travel? Well, yes - it's possible provided we can achieve negative mass! And so on. Loved the game, still do.
  9. gabox

gabox Newcomer, in training Posts: 17

baldurs gate
  10. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 10,074   +13

Fallout 3. bar none.
  11. ddg4005

ddg4005 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 216   +22

Mass Effect 2 and Titan Quest.

12. freythman

freythman TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 123   +10

Secret of Mana
  13. ihaveaname

ihaveaname TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 127

Borderlands ... liked it enough to buy it :p
  14. EXCellR8

Surprised nobody has mentioned Oblivion... not a fan myself but I know a few people who are all about that game.

add Borderlands to my list... such a dumb game but i had so much fun with it online
  15. Relic

Relic TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,392   +16

Zelda hands down, specifically Ocarina of Time :grinthumb. I know it's more Action-Adventure, but it still carries enough RPG for me. I'd also second Secret of Mana and add Secret of Evermore too as I really enjoyed both growing up.

Among more modern games, Elder Scrolls Morrowind/Oblivion & Mass Effect 1/2 are the ones I enjoyed the most and can't wait for the sequels later this year.
  16. boybrushdred

boybrushdred TechSpot Member Posts: 26

mass effect 2, fallout 3, fallout new vegas
  17. gwailo247

gwailo247 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,105   +18

I'd say Morrowind. While Oblivion and Fallout 3 also make the list, Morrowind was the first game in which I felt so completely immersed in so many aspects, so it had the biggest impression.

Non action I'd probably have to say Ultima IV to VI. The setting, the continuing plot, the morality and ethics choices you had to make.
  18. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 4,263   +41

That game was way too awesome. I still remember fighting the dragon at the end. I loved the sprite too!

19. Lurker101

Lurker101 TechSpot Addict Posts: 626   +122

Not in any real order

Final Fantasy VIII
    Secret of Evermore
    Fallout
  20. cmbjive

cmbjive TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 448   +76

The absolute best? Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, but Mass Effect 1 and 2 are close behind.
  21. yRaz

yRaz TechSpot Booster Posts: 856   +75

Hellgate London, Oblivion, KOTOR, and Borderlands In that order. Hellgate servers got shut down and it was going to be re-released under the name "hellgate resurrection." It came out in other regions already but no talk of a US release.
  22. Tait

Tait Newcomer, in training

Have to be Oblivion for me, got hooked on that game for weeks
  23. blackbellysheep

blackbellysheep Newcomer, in training Posts: 17

Baldurs Gate, (Origingal XBOX)
    Fallout 3,(PC)
    Mass Effects (PC or XBox360)
  24. Rage_3K_Moiz

Rage_3K_Moiz Sith Lord Posts: 7,280   +23

Baldur's Gate 2, Dragon Age: Origins, Fallout 3, Oblivion, Deus Ex, Chrono Trigger, KoTOR, Jade Empire & Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines.
  25. EXCellR8

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.