Best anti-virus for Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

dustin_ds3000

Its almost time for me to renew my Avast license. i just wanted to know which anti-virus is the best. It can be free or not, i want the BEST.

I've been using Avast for about 5 years now. It's excellent. It has actually caught something Norton missed. Avast will however detect false alarms, but personally I would rather have that than skip any. I have installed Avira on a couple systems - so far so good, and I like how you don't have to reset the key every 14 months. As for performance, it's too early to tell.
Put it this way, you already have Avast, it's highly recommended, (especially on this forum). I've installed Norton on a few systems by force... just keep Avast.
That is my personal opinion.

Personally, I found NOD32 my favourite (thats how we spell it in my country). It sits quietly in the backround and is rather user friendly.

I've never had a virus within the 5 years of having it, and that's including my downloading days. We also recommend it to our customers.

I tried Kaspersky and found that it took far too long to update so I got sick of it.
McAfee irritates me because it interferes with a lot of things.
AVG I've found is not very effective.
Avira is my recommended free anti virus.
eTrust is my 'nooo dont go there' AV.
Norton may have sped up their program, but I find it gets too easily compromised by viruses especially its update system
BitDefender is pretty average in my experience, still a high one on infected PC's

This is all my personal opinion :)

I have tried all but one of the above, and Avira has been the best far away both in speed, detection, prevention, and resource use,.....or lack there of.zero problems since switching to it a year ago.

this is also my personal opinion :)

clam win for a non resident, non cpu hogging program.

symantec CORPORATE, (not home) for general anti-virus. But it is resource hogging.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back