Best antivirus?

hi guys can anyone suggest which antivirus is the best, plus do you always need to buy an antivirus or u can get it for free on the internet. currently im using AVG free version. Does the free versions provides all the security as the non free versions.
thanks

Hello and Welcome!

Hi there msule:wave:

And welcome to Techspot.:D

If you''re willing to pay, NOD32 or Kaspersky is the one for you.

If you want free ones, AVG AntiVirus, AVAST, Avira AntiVir,Microsoft Security Essentials and much more are out there.

I currently have Panda Cloud Antivirus.( just checking it out) It's pretty light on resources.But if you ask me, the best free anti virus for me would have to be Avira AntiVir. It has a high detection capability among other free antivirus.

But I also have problems with Avira, lots of false positives. But I still like it.

Paid Anti-viruses often offer more stuff such as firewalls,identity theft protection,system performance tools etc.

Hi there msule:wave:

And welcome to Techspot.:D

If you''re willing to pay, NOD32 or Kaspersky is the one for you.

If you want free ones, AVG AntiVirus, AVAST, Avira AntiVir,Microsoft Security Essentials and much more are out there.

I currently have Panda Cloud Antivirus.( just checking it out) It's pretty light on resources.But if you ask me, the best free anti virus for me would have to be Avira AntiVir. It has a high detection capability among other free antivirus.

But I also have problems with Avira, lots of false positives. But I still like it.

Paid Anti-viruses often offer more stuff such as firewalls,identity theft protection,system performance tools etc.

Absolutely Agree except I would steer clear of Microsoft's security essentials as it was crap under another name and still is.

Personally, I'd steer clear of AVG. I know many people that had to remove it because it messed up their machine.:evil:

But if you ask me, the best free anti virus for me would have to be Avira AntiVir. It has a high detection capability among other free antivirus.

I totally agree with abe10tiger. I've tried AVG, Avast, Norton, NOD32 and a few more but so far the the best I've come across is Avira, though I also agree that it is rather eager, and if you don't learn to manage it effectively it can become an irritation to some gamers who download patches and so forth.

Back