TechSpot

Best Buy offers $350, $380 Sandy Bridge notebooks

By Matthew
Jul 25, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Intel's Sandy Bridge architecture has trickled down to the sub-$400 notebook segment courtesy of two machines from HP and Toshiba. Listed at Best Buy for $350, the 4.7lb Pavilion g4-1104dx…

Read the whole story

2. Win7Dev

Win7Dev TS Evangelist Posts: 560   +172

Sorry, but I didn't really like the article. It seems more of like an ad than actual valuable content. Most TechSpot readers are not looking for dirt cheap computers either, so I'm not really sure that this would even be effective as an ad. I know everyone wants to save money, but without compromising performance.

3. blimp01

blimp01 TS Enthusiast Posts: 144

I will probably need a laptop for college in a few months so this is really appealing to me

4. Is this better than Intel Core 2 duo? Because a few days back, I saw a Gateway laptop with 17" screen and a Core 2 duo processor for $399 at a local Best buy store.

5. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,682   +86

@Win
    Not everyone need or want an ultra expensive solution. Most probably the article is targeted at students who are heading back to school and need a reasonably priced notebook.

6. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 7,058   +645

It's not a matter of liking or not, we were simply reporting on very cheap notebooks that are carrying Sandy Bridge-based tech for less than $500. Same as when we report on new Macbooks or more expensive Windows-based desktops/laptops. Feel free to skip the story if you don't mind about new PC models getting released.

7. A bit harsh, don't you think Julio...

8. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Topic Starter Posts: 5,266   +92

I don't think he meant it to be harsh and it doesn't read that way to me at all. I did a quick post on the notebooks because they seemed like solid budget systems that might be of interest to TS readers, especially because it's the back-to-school season. Nothing more, nothing less. Julio is saying if that doesn't interest you, just ignore the post. Perfectly sensible advice.

9. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 7,058   +645

Oh, I didn't mean to be harsh at all, I just meant to say it was a simple report, no ads involved.

10. This came at the perfect time. It has just the specs I was looking for for just the price I wanted to pay. I just bought one.

11. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 11,672   +1,871

And they call me a "crank"! Hey wait, I call me a crank too.....

And on that note, perhaps you shouldn't take it upon yourself to speak for "most" of our members.