TechSpot

Best Buy offers Windows 7 'PC home makeover'

By Matthew
Oct 21, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Like everyone else in the industry, HP and Best Buy are gearing up for the launch of Windows 7 tomorrow. The two have teamed up to offer customers a pretty respectable deal on a "PC Home Makeover" that consists of a new desktop (monitor included), laptop, netbook, router, and a "seamless in-home setup" by Geek Squad for $1,200.

Read the whole story

2. That actually seems like a very good deal, if you ask me. Of course we'll do much better by building the PC's ourselves, searching around for the best parts, but for someone who doesn't care or doesn't know about it, it's quite reasonable. The installation/configuration of the equipment and network is a plus too.

For non-gamers it's an interesting opportunity to start using 7 with shiny new machines!

3. peacefulchaos

peacefulchaos TS Rookie Posts: 53

This sounds like a good deal for someone that doesn't know anything about computers or anybody that does. For me "seamless in-home setup" by Geek Squad makes me gag.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.