Best CPU choices for ECS mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.

pingpongmury

I'm looking to upgrade my CPU and would highly appreciate some advise on choosing the best available gaming CPU that will fit in my ECS C51PVGM-GB mobo

You would be best off getting this CPU. It's slower than the X2 6400+ which would be faster out of the box, but the Brisbane chip will run cooler and be less power hungry. If you want the fastest available though, I would recommend this CPU.

Yes, for your motherboard, the X2 6400+ is the fastest available. And yes, it will draw upto 125W from the +12V rail.

could u please give the specs of the PSU. brand and the wats on how many 12 volt rails?

No GPU draws 425W from the +12V rail. The required amperage number given on most video card boxes is for an entire system. You should be fine since it seems you have at least 30+ amps on the +12V rail(s).

nickc.... the PSU is a Rosewill 550W with two +12V rails each with 18A for a total of 36 total amps across both rails.

any other specs u would need are at this *Link*

You actually have 35A on the +12V rails combined, which is still more than enough for the X2 6400+ and your current GPU.

Would the X2 7750+ BE work in this board as well? I've heard that you can OC to get close to the same speed as the 6400+ with it.

I can't find the 6400+ anywhere here (I'm in Thailand) but the 7750+ BE is available. Thanks.

Even though it's a phenom chip, it's listed as being AM2+ which is physically the same pin out as the AM2. Wouldn't there be a chance of it working?

Is it the FSB? I'm having problems finding info on the mb and this chip. AMD lists the 7750 but not the 7750 BE, I have a feeling that the FSB is the problem.

I've found some other references to using an AM2+ chip in an AM2 board, but the boards were Asus. (I'd link but my post count is too low)

Sorry to be a pain, I wish the 6400+ was available here, I'd just get it... :(

the 7750 wont work sorry you need the am2+ board the 6400 is the fastest chip there is for that board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back