Not open for further replies.

mretzloff

Out of the following which would you recommend for Vista:

Kerio
ZoneAlarm
Comodo
Netveda
Jetico

I'm leaning towards Kerio because I heard Kerio causes the least amount of problems. I can't find Kerio for Vista though, so I'm guessing it's in the works.

I don't want ZoneAlarm, because it slowed my computer down too much.

Any suggestions?

For now, look at the Firewall list at www.tucows.com. They have been right-on with their evaluations.
Kerio was terrific, but they may never be able to get it to work right with VISTA

I have been using download.com to find my reviews & sure enough, Comodo Firewall is the Editors Choice as well as most of the user reviews. The best part, it is FREE!
check it out.... ;-)

I would recommend against Comodo, if you're a Vista user. The reason is, Comodo blocks some of the Windows Updates, rendering your PC vulnerable to exploits and such. But Comodo is a great firewall, if not for this problem.Well, this is just me, but if you're a person who prioritize security over pc fixes, i suggest you use Comodo.

Easy enough to adjust. You can use the "Custom" feature of Microsoft Updates and the learn feature of Comodo. It has never been a problem for us. We don't like Microsoft's hidden, automatic updates anyway. We like to see what Microsoft is up to, so this gives us a better way to prioritize both fixes and security, which still having some control over VISTA.

raybay said:
Easy enough to adjust. You can use the "Custom" feature of Microsoft Updates and the learn feature of Comodo. It has never been a problem for us. We don't like Microsoft's hidden, automatic updates anyway. We like to see what Microsoft is up to, so this gives us a better way to prioritize both fixes and security, which still having some control over VISTA.

Hmm you have a point. Actually, Comodo Firewall caused a failure of one update, and as you know, if Microsoft fails to install 1 update, whenever you startup, you'll notice a red pop up notification at your notification area (next to your clock), and that bothers me a lot.....so I uninstalled Comodo, and resort to using BitDefender Total Security.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back