TechSpot

Best gaming processor?

By aid1993
Mar 3, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ok

I have been struggling over what processor to get for my new gaming system. ive been looking at Intel i7 920 and the AMD Phenom II x3 black edition, i am new to the computer seen and i need help quickly

thanks.
  2. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 4,265   +41

Apparently a 300 dollar budget is at hand. Passed that Clearly its the 920 BUT, even I must say its overkill for just gaming

Look into a 8400 wolfdale if you're just gaming.
  3. dustin_ds3000

dustin_ds3000 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,128

yea supersmashbrada is right the E8400 is great for any game even ones that come out for the next few years
  4. hellokitty[hk]

hellokitty[hk] Hello, nice to meet you! Posts: 4,358   +122

I would highly recommend a graphics card over a processor if you are looking for better gaming performance.

Yes the E8400 is great, but we need information about your powersupply and motherboard before we can recommend anything.
  5. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 8,421   +217

I think we have a blank canvas here since this appears to be a brand new potential build. Without regard to a budget, between the two choices you stated, I'd say go for the Intel i7 920.
  6. uber

uber Newcomer, in training

My brother just did a q6600 overclocked paired with a abit mobo and it is smooth. I do agree with the e8400 as well ts great chip for the money.
  7. redk

redk Newcomer, in training Posts: 135

E8400, Q6600, or Core i7 920. All have good qualities, and hang in a different price range.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.