TechSpot

Best GPU for 150 quid

By Ollie30001
Jun 28, 2008
  1. Alright all?

my x1900 has suddenly died on me right smack bang in the middle of being skint as well :(

so i was just wondering what would be the best card for 150 maby can push for 200 GBP

other specs are

amd black edition 3.20 dual core
    2gig 800mhz ocz
    150gig raptor
    k9a platinum MSI

2. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 8,506   +238

The Radeon HD 4850 is a good card for the money. Click here for some examples at Ebuyer.com.

3. Rage_3K_Moiz

Rage_3K_Moiz Sith Lord Posts: 7,291   +25

What PSU do you have? I'd recommend this as a great new card. Combined with an adequate PSU, it could easily give you more than double the performance of your previous card.

4. Ollie30001

Ollie30001 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 170

Hello again

ok, so i think the 4870 card recomended i the second post is a fine card to go for.

power supply is a 700watt 36amp or so dual 12v rail beast so it should be fine.

i dont have any knowledge of ebuyer tho so any info on the site will be good. like does it ship to were u live ( UK )
    and it ses i have tp pre-order the card. does that mean the site does not have the card yet?

5. Rage_3K_Moiz

Rage_3K_Moiz Sith Lord Posts: 7,291   +25

Yeah, they deliver to the UK. Also, the pre-order means that the card is en route to their warehouse and as soon as the first batches arrive they'll be shipped out to customers who've pre-ordered them.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.