Best laptop computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking for a laptop and wondering which one is best for playing games I download off of the internet(speed).And for faster internet/computer.

What games are you trying to play?

If you're talking about Crossfire (from this post), then don't bother buying a new computer... this game will run on any hardware released in the past decade. If there are any other games, let us know.

Hey floberjigs

It's all about what you put in. With a limitless budget .... well .... does such a thing exist??

Spyder_1386 :)

There is no "Best" in laptops... do you mean by speed and performance? By reliability. Longevity. You would likely find 25 opinions among the members of this forum. So you need to set the parameters.
Which games? What cost? What warranty? What access to service and tech support?
Most of the laptops sold in the world are made in either of two provinces in China... and a great number in the same building, despite being sold under different brands and badges.
Some love Alienware. But then they are Dell's so others ill not have a Dell. Others like Sony VAIO, while their detractors will highlight the high failure rates after a year. You have one post her recommending an ASUS and another touting a Toshiba. Many of our clients would have either due to reliability issues.
And money has little to do with it. Some of the most costly laptops sold last year had enormous problems.
By the time you discover the best performance and reliability, that brand and model is out of production.
I would go for service, reliability, and LONGGG warranty for a gamer machine... If the seller believes in the computer enough to give it a three year warranty with the possibility of a two year warranty extension, and it has slots for 4 GB of memory, that would be good enough for me.
I would not get any machine for gaming that has only a one-year warranty.

Well said Raybay,
I only have experience with repairing laptops, and because of this, I prefer HP or Toshiba. I see a lot of older Sony Vaios in for repair. I never blame Sony for liquid spills or dropping the laptops. Dell parts are so high that I have not been able to get any customers permission to repair them

I believe this would be the most powerful notebook you would get for under $3000. Just change the HDD to a 7200RPM one and you'd be good to go IMO.

Your luck is better than mine on Toshiba... I have waited for parts from Toshiba (which doesn't even run its own parts department0 for as long as 11 weeks.
HP, of course is very quick, but not any cheaper than Dells...
We have had NO trouble getting Dell parts because there are so many of every model that the online market is flooded.
Sony remains a major problem... as they control parts availability religiously... We have six shops, and volume definitely helps with most brands, but not with Sony... or Apple MacIntosh... so we acquire those parts through establishments in their channels.
I once waited three months for an CPU assemble from Dell... Finally called their repair and parts center in the Philippines by phone... They sent it immediately... it was here in 8 days. The part was made in San Diego.
Parts from any manufacturer for a unit more than four years old is very difficult for any manufacturer except IBM/Lenovo, in our experience.
Now that Gateway is on the rocks, their parts are handled by a third party and are no longer easily obtained.
But for us, Toshiba is next to Sony in difficulty, partly because the components that fail are sometimes odd ones..
But becomming a larger problem by the month are parts made in China for products sold in the USA... they have major reliability and "almost but not quite fit" problems.
When the customer is paying the bill out of a thick wallet, I like Lenovo best and HP a close second.
But the Compaq parts people are the easiest to deal with, and really know their parts, so they have good suggestions.
We find parts issues complicated by the fact that all our shops are in Colorado, New Mexico and Arizona where things go bad because of the dry air, dust, and ozone problems.
Our biggest gripe is the fees that we have to pay to be on the parts supply system of some companies.
Most difficult to deal with: Apple.and Sony. Most difficult to fix: Asus, Acer, eMachines, or any machine used along a sea coast.. Best to deal with: HP, Compaq (separately from HP), and Lenovo
Worst machines... well that is for another chapter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back