TechSpot

Best Mac Browser

By bigredmachine
Apr 25, 2008
  1. I talked my dad into buying a Mac because my families old HP is so infected with spyware and impossible viruses. Because I am now in college I can't be there to babysit the computer from my little brother and sister who seem to find the spyware by "being only on myspace". I know that a mac is going to be more secure and stable to begin with but what is the best browser (Safari, Firefox, Camino) that I could use for our new mac? I want something easy but secure enough to ward of spyware and security threats.
    Thanks, Sid

2. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 18,353

Thread should have gone to The Alternative OS as it is not in regard to your Hp (with Windows installed)

I'd probably recommend Firefox, anyway. It really is a world leader, and has many addons if required.

Regarding the Hp: Backup; Install Windows and apps again (that's easy).

3. bigredmachine

bigredmachine TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 93

Im more concerned about the browser than the fact that its a mac.

4. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 13,446   +324

humbug; All systems are useful to someone.
    If I had my choice, we all would run Linux ... move on.
    The subject is browsers on Macs.

Safari is known to be week in specific areas. I installed Firefox on her Mac and
    it is much more secure.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.