Best monitor/TV for $350?

treetops

Black friday is coming up what are the chances of getting a great deal? Do they have online deals or do you have to go to a store and wait in line for hours? I mainly use my computer for watching movies nowadays, with some gaming. I have a crappy 17 inch vga 1680x1050 monitor atm. This is what I am eyeing right now its 40 inch 1080p for 350$. Looks like a great deal thoughts?? Whats the difference between using a tv as a monitor?

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sceptre-X...code=30-8598295-2&adid=1500000000000029469730

this ones even cheaper
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=16829822&findingMethod=rr

look for tuesday tech deals, the difference between monitors and tv's are monitors have much more pixels and visual quality because u sit closer to them (if you sit really close to a tv you will see bluring and will prob go blind after a week) depends if you want to sit on your couch and do gaming or on a desk.

Also a word of advice, only go for real brands (LG, Samsung...) the other ones might look the same and much cheaper, but the will most likely die within a year, spend abit more for quality

My spectre was pretty cheap, and I've had it for years without issue.
By no means a top notch display, but IMO perfectly adequate for most people.

hellokitty i wasn't saying every cheap brand it going to blow up, but you know what i mean about you pay for quality

I also wasn't denying that. Just a note to the OP that my personal experience with Spectre has been fine, that's all.

Hmm I really want a giant tv, Ill just move back I guess. I could still go either way any suggestions, hit me with some links :)?

Here a spread sheet to some examples, they are quite large so you can go smaller if you want, also note that the prices may be a fair bit off (cheaper now) because I haven't updated for awhile

Attachments

• TV.zip
    11.6 KB · Views: 2
here a spread sheet to some examples, they are quite large so you can go smaller if you want, also note that the prices may be a fair bit off (cheaper now) because i haven't updated for awhile

well the cheapest one there was like 800$

yes but they are the best ones, use the tvs as examples to look up through stores (cheapest is actually $350 on the website of lg

For $350 you could probably look at IPS panel monitors. That's what i want next after i'm bored of this BX2431.

not too bad for the price but for gaming the 8ms is quite slow and you will probably see it lag with games, and also the contrast radio is really low

Back