Best motherboard suggestion

faizrajaie

hye again..lately i'm thinking of upgrading my motherboard..i need some great suggestions from experts here..
i need to know what is the best motherboard for my cpu..im using intel dual core E5300..ive done some research but i dont quite understand about the difference on the motherboard..please help..
now im using ECS P4M900T-M2 motherboard(which is sucks)..
every great info from you guys will be appreciated :)

thanks man..i was thinking about using gigabyte board..but im not sure if it is the best choice for my cpu..can u indicate the model of any great board?

The "Intel Pentium E5300" uses a 800MHz FSB. Any of the LGA775 boards will support 800Mhz FSB. I noticed your board only supports DDR2 at 533MHz or 667MHz. If you change boards make sure the board supports your memory, unless you plan on buying memory as well.

yes.,i'm gonna change the memory to ddr3 and the board but keeping the dual core cpu..but theres still too many board model nowadays..and im thinking on OC the cpu too after changing the board..
now choosing the board is giving me headache..

A few question for you. :)

Do you need an IDE port for older drives or is SATA ports all you need?
Do you want USB 3.0 as an option or is USB 2.0 all you need?
Would you prefer to have DVI over D-Sub for a monitor connection?
Would two memory modules be enough or would you want four slots?

more prefer DVI over Dsub
i need IDE port as now im using old driver,but maybe will adding new driver in future
usb 3.0 much better to have
about the memory slots im not sure about them..need your opinion in this :(

more prefer DVI over Dsub
i need IDE port as now im using old driver,but maybe will adding new driver in future
usb 3.0 much better to have
about the memory slots im not sure about them..need your opinion in this :(

GIGABYTE GA-G41MT-USB3 LGA 775 Intel G41 USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard (doesn't include an IDE port)

The price of hard drives have more than doubled in the last few months. I was trying to keep from recommending a SATA purchase but to get everything else you want, you may need to ditch the IDE drives. That is unless you also purchase an IDE controller card.

Newegg search for DDR3 and IDE for LGA775 (none of them include USB 3.0)

i need some review and advices on this motherboard Gigabyte GA-P41T-USB3L and Motherboard Gigabyte GA-EG41MFT-US2H

please help..
all i know is that GIGABYTE GA-G41MT-USB3 support till 8G of memory,,support SATA but no IDE..have both d-sub and DVI and using form factor of mATX

but Gigabyte GA-P41T-USB3L supports till 4G of memory, both SATA and IDE, form factor of ATX..

questions
1-what the difference between mATX and ATX and which one is much better
2-supporting until 8G of memory with dual channel does make the computer run faster than 4G dual channel right? correct me if im wrong..

Back