best partitioning software?

By samster2006
Nov 10, 2006
  1. I'm about to set up a dual-boot with SUSE and since I'm doing a big download what's the best free software to use to partition my disk without rebooting?
  2. Nodsu

Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 5,837   +6

Define best.

Why can't you reboot? Surely you don't expect to install two operating systems without restarting? :D

You should use the partitioning utilities inside the OS installers for best compatibility. (Install Windows first.)
  3. Charlie Mancuso

Charlie Mancuso TS Rookie

I think Partition Magic is a good one. It worked when the software from the drive manufacturer didn't.
  4. Rilla927

Rilla927 TS Rookie Posts: 152

Check out
    it has worked flawlessly for me (a year and half).

Besides you can get the bundle of all three, Image For DOS, Image For Windows, BootIt NG programs for $49.00 or decide to purchase individual. You can't beat the capabilities for the price. It's very user friendly.

I'm just an impressed user voicing my opinion. I have never seen a bad review of this software and it's compatible with everything, especially Linux.

Good Luck,
  5. Nodsu

Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 5,837   +6

Why pay money for unneeded features when you can have what you need for free?
  6. subhajitmaji

subhajitmaji TS Rookie

I use Ranish partiton manager..
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.