TechSpot

best partitioning software?

By samster2006
Nov 10, 2006
  1. I'm about to set up a dual-boot with SUSE and since I'm doing a big download what's the best free software to use to partition my disk without rebooting?

2. Nodsu

Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 5,837   +6

Define best.

Why can't you reboot? Surely you don't expect to install two operating systems without restarting? :D

You should use the partitioning utilities inside the OS installers for best compatibility. (Install Windows first.)

3. Charlie Mancuso

Charlie Mancuso TS Rookie

I think Partition Magic is a good one. It worked when the software from the drive manufacturer didn't.

4. Rilla927

Rilla927 TS Rookie Posts: 152

Check out http://terabyteunlimited.com/
    it has worked flawlessly for me (a year and half).

Besides you can get the bundle of all three, Image For DOS, Image For Windows, BootIt NG programs for $49.00 or decide to purchase individual. You can't beat the capabilities for the price. It's very user friendly.

I'm just an impressed user voicing my opinion. I have never seen a bad review of this software and it's compatible with everything, especially Linux.

Good Luck,

5. Nodsu

Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 5,837   +6

Why pay money for unneeded features when you can have what you need for free?

6. subhajitmaji

subhajitmaji TS Rookie

I use Ranish partiton manager..

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.