Best PC speakers, $50

oldikes

Im currently using a decent dolby pro logic setup, with 5 speakers. through my PC to the reciever.
However, its just way too big.
I was looking to downgrade to a basic 2 speaker and sub setup. However, most of the speakers are really small. I dont know if there is anything like this, but I would like some slightly bigger speakers (Like, a foot tall is nice). please let me know. thanks.

There are the Creative Inspire T10 set, fairly big speakers but no Sub/W, might just get under your budget level.
No problem with sound quality, I've heard some, very good.

within your budget your not gonna find Big speakers and a sub woofer from a good company. My personal recommendation is the Logitech Z313 system, best buy has them for $50. For $50 your going to find 25-50 watt systems with 2-3" satellite drivers and 3-6" subs. I have a even older Logitech 2.1 system, but it fits my needs perfectly and sound quality is good. My friend owns the Z313 and his satellites definitely have more power and clarity then mine. The z525 is probably more what your looking for, but that's another $50 ($100 total) and most speakers comparable to that system are within $100 as well.

I use the Logitech LS-21, and honestly, for $20 speakers, the sound quality is very impressive. There are 2 speakers and 1 sub.
overall, I'm very happy with them, and for 20 bucks it was amazing bang for buck.
also it's not too big so maybe it could fit your space requirements?

Hey guys, I thought I would bump and say that I now have a budget of ~80 dollars, although im willing to pay ~100 if its a really, really, nice improvement. Id prefer 2.1, and I much prefer a larger sound-e.x. bigger speakers, I dont know how 360 degree sound effects size, but im used to the floorstanders (they are starting to die out at a stupid rate now) and they have a pretty big sound, if that makes sense. so what you guys think? im looking at http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=36-116-043&SortField=1&SummaryType=0&Pagesize=10&PurchaseMark=&SelectedRating=-1&VideoOnlyMark=False&VendorMark=&IsFeedbackTab=true&Keywords=(keywords)&Page=1#scrollFullInfo and http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...ark=&IsFeedbackTab=true&Page=2#scrollFullInfo, the first has no sub, but idk if theres too much of a huge difference. lemme make clear im not the kinda person that will be turning up my sub all the way to play hiphop that shakes my neighbors house, but ive been using cheap headphones/earphones/speakers without any sub at all for so long so I would enjoy some PRESENT bass. what you guys think? thanks for any replies.

PS. my worry about the logitech is that the speakers look fairly small. does the 360 thing make them sound bigger?

T20 would definitely sound better than Z523, except there's little thumping bass out of them. if you want more bass, go for logitech. ignore the 360* thingy, they are marketing gimmick.

-edit
if you want something that sound 'big', you probably want a speaker that has pretty good midrange (expected in floorstander) which will sound rich and not tinny like most PC speakers with small satellites. in that case, you're probably better off with T20.

I have the logitech and I've had a police called on me while I was in the shower. Yeah they have a lot of bass....

I recommend the Cyber Acoustics CA-3602 for a ~$50 2.1 setup (though they're easily found for $40 or less).
im thinking I might pick these up at this point, im not gonna be doing too much through the speakesr (my xbox and sometimes my laptop, though im mostly gonna be using headphones with the laptop). ill come back here as soon as I make my final decision and receive whatever I buy and say what I think.

Any reports at static? static's my pet peeve-I would prefer not to have it (I play at "high" levels sometimes, not high as in im hosting a party, but high as in when im alone in a quiet house and I play much louder then normal. Not foundation rocking or anything, though.)

Bought the CA-2602. For 38 bucks its amazing. Ive never actually had a sub set up in my room, but its astonishing. The high and mid ends sound clear. the only think I noticed is that the bass seems a little muddy at some points. but seriously, if anyone needs some cheap speakers, get these.

Back