Best performing PCI-Express x16 1.0 card

Status
Not open for further replies.

pioneerx01

I have an older system that can support only PCI Express x16 1.0. I would like to buy the best performing card that is currently available for that.

Any recommendations?

oh, and that is best performing "card" in the title not "cart"

Hi pioneerx01
As far as I know, all PCI-Express 2.0 cards are backwards-compatible, meaning that a PCI-Express 2.0 card will work on a motherboard with only PCI-Express 1.0 and the performance difference will be negligible.

Jien23 is correct, so you have a wide range of cards to choose from. What you can\should get depends on what kind of PSU you have, and what resolution you intend to game at, as well as your budget.

Yes, I have heard something like that.
I am looking for card around $150 ($200 if it is worth it) and I have 700W PSU. And for the resolution, it would be best as possible under the previous two parameters.
So, with this new information of to Newegg I go. (they are right "once you know you newegg")

Any recommendations are still appreciated

Thanks
-Pioneer

What brand of PSU do you have? Unless it is a rubbish brand like Rocketfish, you should be okay IMO.

As for the card, a little over $200 will get you an HD 4870, which is a step-down from a GTX 280.

That is not a good PSU, being made by ATNG, who make only low-end PSUs as far as my memory serves.

Still, it should handle those cards, although I'd recommend this card as a better-performing alternative that is also cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back