Best video card for 250W PSU?

By Ja1984selena
Aug 29, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. I don't want to upgrade my power supply, so what is the best video card for 250 watts psu? i currently have the HP P7-1037cb computer i am currently using radeon hd 4200 gpu currently and i want something that can perform better! i am trying to play GTA 4 but the Radeon HD 4200 can't handle it. Should I buy a new psu or is there be a better video card out there for 250watts psu? I have one pci-e x16 slot available for a dedicated video card.
  2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,233   +234

Invest in a better power supply first then you can pick a better video card
  3. Leeky

Leeky TS Evangelist Posts: 3,797   +116

I agree, you need to invest in a better power supply.
  4. Zen

Zen TechSpot Paladin Posts: 861   +45

Trust me when I say this Ja1984selena, that both Tmagic & Leeky know very much what their talking about. If you don't believe them, just read a little on my recent mishap in regards to a video card and a power supply...

After reading that story at the link, you might feel a little different than trying to seek out the best video card possible for a 250 watt power supply. If you didn't get this from my little story, inside the spec's area to my computer, you would have noticed I to started out with a mire 250 watt power supply.

Now I know your researching an upgrade for gaming, I did mine for movies, but between yours and mine it's all the same!

Good luck!
  5. justinone

justinone TS Enthusiast Posts: 152

250w is just so weak. nothing will work with that.