Best Video Card for my Computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nissanman

Hi, i am thinking of upgrading my computers video card. I currently have a geforce4mx4000 (agp). I was thinking of upgrading to a fx 5900. Is it worth getting a 5900 for my computer? of should i get something less advance?

My system Specs:

1Ghz Pentium III
320MB Ram
10GB HDD.

BTW: My PSU is dead so ill have to get a new one, ill probly get something like a 450watt. The current broken one is 320watt.

i only posted this once and if there are other posts like this one here then the people that posted them more then likely have different sys specs then me.

The FX5900 will work but don't expect too much... Your system is weak. With a 10GB hard drive what operating system are you running?

Wouldn't even mess with XP. That computer is being all it can be with 98se on it.

If you are running games on it that still work in 98se then they will probably be those games that run faster in 98se than they do in XP. If your system is stable now then aside from security I can't think of a good reason to switch.

i would start from the ground up if i were you.

upgrading your video card in that computer is a waste of money really.
your not going to see much difference.

even after the upgrade, your cpu will still be slowing you down.

if your motherboard supports a better cpu, upgrade that first, or just buy another motherboard and then upgrade the cpu,

after that is all done, get the newer agp card like you wanted.

this will give you a more noticable difference.

also, 10gb hd? that would not even hold GTA SanAndreas by itself (not including the space your os would take up.

SNGX1275 said:
Wouldn't even mess with XP. That computer is being all it can be with 98se on it.

If you are running games on it that still work in 98se then they will probably be those games that run faster in 98se than they do in XP. If your system is stable now then aside from security I can't think of a good reason to switch.

I used to have a computer with a P III EB 933MHz CPU with 320MB RAM and 20GB Maxtor. It ran XP Pro SP2 (+ plenty of varieties of software) without any problems. If you have S/W (software) that won't work with XP, then keep 98 on it, otherwise, you could upgrade easily.

yeh taste it right i mean its a pointless upgrade u might as well save the cash and get a new comp when you can or even build or own xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back