TechSpot

Best Video Editing Software?

By hillingdonlad
Jun 1, 2009
  1. Hi, Im looking to buy some software for video editing to edit home movies etc, but havent a clue which to get.. what is recomended for the easiest to use, and best effects?

many thanks...

2. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 10,838   +926

You might check out "Adobe Premier Elements". 4? I think is the latest version. You can get it in a bundle with "Photoshop Elements 7", which is the best photo editor this side of Photoshop itself.

3. hillingdonlad

hillingdonlad TS Rookie Topic Starter

cool will check that out.. thanks mate

4. hellokitty[hk]

hellokitty[hk] Hello, nice to meet you! Posts: 4,376   +127

Could look into Sony Vegas too, you can do some basic stuff with virtual dub (at least, I don't know about anything too advanced). Specifically what are you looking to do?

5. Char_X

Char_X TS Rookie Posts: 209

Video Edit Magic is cool

6. detrox

detrox TS Rookie

You can try free open source tool Jahshaka tool -> Google.

7. nazartp

nazartp TS Enthusiast Posts: 205   +10

Dunno, I really, truly hate Premiere Elements (got them in a bundle with Photoshop Elements). Overall interface and a bunch of other quirks drive me bonkers. I was always partial to Pinnacle, but currently have only outdated version. I would take it over Adobe.

8. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 10,716   +6

Premier Elements requires more learning, but is more powerful and consistent, once you learn it.

9. AndrestheBean

AndrestheBean TS Rookie Posts: 217

Pinnacle Studio 12 Ultimate, is by FARRRR thee best.

easiest to use too.

10. deazy86

deazy86 TS Rookie Posts: 42

Pinnacle Studio v.11 or Sony Vegas Studio - these two are good video editing software with nice features. You can check out their reviews.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.