Beta testing hardware?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fw2004

Hello all, hope you had a good Xmas, and looking forward to the New Year.

I'm wondering here whether any hardware people do beta testing in public.
I have done some beta testing on software, but never hardware.
Does Intel, Asus, NVidia, BFG, ATI/AMD, or any of the big guys have a public beta on their latest products?

If so, how do I get a shot to get into the program?

?? Frank

First, a resume to show you know what you are doing, and that you have the qualifications and experience. That is a big hurdle to get by.
Then you can contact them with a full technical description, along with what sorts of testing are needed.
Most folks designing something have the connections already, as rarely does anything just pop up as a good idea.
You can do the test yourself, to the extent of your limits, and write it up for publication online on in one of the appropriate technical journals, or "Amateur" publications.

OK. So it's a pretty tight group who do the hardware testing. Not having any prior testing experience in hardware, I don't stand a chance.
If I had the $$, I would buy the hardware, and do the tests, but that's my problem. Don't have the $.

FW

If you have the idea, write it up. Register it by date in writing to preserve ownership of the idea, then seek help from a knowledgable person. Read some of the basic books on patents and protecting your ideas. Lots of possibilities for somebody without money...
Or get an engineering major at a college to do the work as a class project...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back