TechSpot

Bets 4GB of DDR2

By Bubbabigsexy
Feb 18, 2008
  1. I am getting 4GB's of Ram for my new computer because I plan on installing Vista 64 Ultimate. I have been thinking about getting the 4GB of Corsair Dominator from the Egg. But I am trying to figure out if that would be the best buy for me. I do lots of gaming and downloading. I want the Ram for the games and for Vista. The Egg has it listed at $337 for 4GB. But I have also read many people say if you get 4Gb to try and get 2 X 2GB. But the dominator only offers it in 4 X 1GB. I do plan on overclocking. So should I get the 4 X 1GB of the Corsair dominator or something else? I have a Maximus Formula motherboard.

2. Obi-Wan Jerkobi

Obi-Wan Jerkobi TS Maniac Posts: 502

IMO 2 sets of dual channel (2x 1gig in a dual channel, 2x 1gig in another.) sounds better than 1 set of dual channel (2x 2gig). So yeah 4 x 1gig sounds good.

3. Rage_3K_Moiz

Rage_3K_Moiz Sith Lord Posts: 5,431   +28

4x1GB will deliver better performance, since data will be accessed from all four sticks simultaneously. But using 2x2GB will allow you to add in more RAM later.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.