Better cpu?

Arkumzz

Hi comunity ,
I have a liiiiiiittle question bout my cpu
I have this pentium D 3400/4mega processor , and I want to replace it with a core 2 due 2200/2mega
Because I dont have the enough money for now to get a better one than both
My question is ,, does it make that diff or its just too useless?

There is no such thing as a Pentium D 3400 or a Core 2 Duo 2200. I am pretty sure the Pentium D is a single core, so yes the Core 2 Duo will be better. I think you should save up for a more modern CPU though.

Im sorry , execuse my knowledge about this kind of stuff :(
But here is my cpu
cpu.jpg

I saw that in my search results Clifford, but I just didnt think that was the exact model. The launch date seems correct with the OS support on the HP site.
Arkumzz, As for your question of upgrading, I wouldnt really upgrade. If you arent gaming, it wont really make a big difference if the Pentium D 945 CPU Clifford listed above is on par with what you have. It is a dual core and will almost be equivalent to the Pentium if you arent gaming. What do you use your PC for? Work? If that is so, I would recommend just adding 1 more GB of RAM.

JC713 First of all , thank you for your help
And yes I will upgrade it for games , thats why I want to change my video card too . and I have another Ram and I will add it
By the way , Congrats for the title red devils.

If it doesn't cost much go for it. As it;s for gaming, you'll see noticeable performance increase.
If you're adding a gpu, then make sure your power supply is up to the task.

I dont think you should waste your money. I would save up and buy a more modern PC. The Core 2 Duo will bottleneck any modern graphics card.

I dont think you should waste your money. I would save up and buy a more modern PC. The Core 2 Duo will bottleneck any modern graphics card.

Not true, been playing a lot of games on a core 2 Duo system with my 6770 in there, does just as well as the i3 system my other 6770 ended up in. It's just about buying the right level of graphics cards, obviously a gtx 580 or 7950 is kinda overkill, but they(core 2 Duo) can still game, and game in direct x 11. But I do agree saving up and getting a newer system is still the best way to go, even with used core 2 Duos going for super cheap off Ebay, the benefits of the new architectures and platforms from AMD and Intel are to big to ignore. Too the OP if your gonna go Core 2 Duo make sure the clock speeds are higher then 2.8ghz or you will see literally no improvement in performance for gaming.

Not true, been playing a lot of games on a core 2 Duo system with my 6770 in there, does just as well as the i3 system my other 6770 ended up in. It's just about buying the right level of graphics cards, obviously a gtx 580 or 7950 is kinda overkill, but they(core 2 Duo) can still game, and game in direct x 11. But I do agree saving up and getting a newer system is still the best way to go, even with used core 2 Duos going for super cheap off Ebay, the benefits of the new architectures and platforms from AMD and Intel are to big to ignore. Too the OP if your gonna go Core 2 Duo make sure the clock speeds are higher then 2.8ghz or you will see literally no improvement in performance for gaming.
Depends on screen res and settings but 1080p for modern games like BF3, my i5-760 overclocked limits a HD7950 and that is MUCH better than a Core 2 Duo.

Back