BF1942, cd key in use

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrGaribaldi

I just got a very "nice" message when try to play BF142 on the net. "CD key in use"

And considering I've bought both the game and 1 expansion pack, this is very annoying.

But my question is, does anyone know if I can choose which cd key to use? I mean, the chances of both the original BF1942 and BF:TRTR keys being used by others should be infinitesimal, leaving me with one key I can use.
If this is possible, how can I do it?

Do I have to uninstall TRTR to use the original key or?

Mr. G, you might have to contact EA support, send in the original media and get new. I don't know if the other key would work or not though....I have my doubts.

Whilst I'm still interested in finding out how to choose which cd key to use (since I have 2 valid keys), the problem has gone away for now.

Hopefully it was just a bug with GameSpy's cd key validation, and not someone who's stolen my key.

Oh, and lastly on the topic of BF1942, there are 2 conversions that are just incredibly fun.

The first is Battlefield 1918 set in the first world war. You're flying bi- and tri-planes, using old cannons and rifles instead of fighters, artillery tanks or automatic weaposn (though you do have a machine gunnner class).
Well worth the download (the site is in german, but is translated into both french and english).
You'll find me here on the ngz official servers.

The other, which might not be as much fun for those of you not living in the Scandinavia, is Silent Heroes. It is set in the present day with Sweden invading Norway (those bastards!) and, imo, is much better than DC.
With this mod I'm mostly playing on "GlassGubbarnas public server"...

No prize for figuring out which nick I use ;)

Masque> thank you for your reply. If it keeps on happening, I guess I'll have to do just that. But from what little contact I've had with them, I'm not holding my breath for them being very helpful...

The reason you are logging in successfully now is probably because whomever stole your key is also not online.

Sucky situation and in your place I would send EA an venomous emial decrying their pathetic attempt at copy protection.

Originally posted by MrGaribaldi
Masque> thank you for your reply. If it keeps on happening, I guess I'll have to do just that. But from what little contact I've had with them, I'm not holding my breath for them being very helpful...

You're welcome, and the next time I've got my 1918 server up and running, I'll send you the IP. :D

Originally posted by Masque
You're welcome, and the next time I've got my 1918 server up and running, I'll send you the IP. :D

You should try BFV that one is so much fun, I never got into BF1942 didn't care for it much =\ but BFV on the other hand OH YEA!!! Lovin it man:grinthumb

And if I were you my friend I would DEFINITELY contact EA games and have them give you another key or something, your key was most likely stolen and as was mentioned they were not online while you were. Very messed up situation =\ Contact them before you get royally screwed:confused: and have to buy another copy

Originally posted by $oulo
You should try BFV that one is so much fun, I never got into BF1942 didn't care for it much =\ but BFV on the other hand OH YEA!!! Lovin it man:grinthumb

Yup....keep a BFV server up occasionally too. :D

Don't you just love Key generators ?

Next thing you know, game CD's will have an encrypted hardware key, or maybe you'll have to use an USB key to load the game (didn't AUTOCAD use to do that a few years ago).:dead:

Originally posted by Didou
Don't you just love Key generators ?

Next thing you know, game CD's will have an encrypted hardware key, or maybe you'll have to use an USB key to load the game (didn't AUTOCAD use to do that a few years ago).:dead:

Man, I just HATE the old hardware dongles some software companies use/used! No real way to get around them though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back