Bf2 and CS:S (10-15fps during gunfights and mouse movement)

Status
Not open for further replies.
System Specs:

3.4 Intel Pentium
Abit motherboard
756 megs ram
Gigabyte GeForce 6800GT
Soundblaster Live! 24 bit sound card
Windows XP
Power Supply: Allied 450W
DSL connection

Mind you when i first installed this video card I was averaging 99fps on Cs:S... now when i stress test it i average 65fps if my computer has been off for awhile... and below 45 when its on for awhile and each test its lower. This change in fps all seemed to occur in a short amount of time, maybe a day or two.In game play i now average 15 fps during gunfights and even lower with smoke. In battlefield 2 i have every setting on low and or off and I can say without doubt that i have seen a fx5200 run the game smoother on higher settings. It seems that whenever the game gets intense (gunfights or fast mouse movement) there is a severe graphic lag i.e low fps. I thought my 6800gt was bad so i had it sent in to gigabyte, they replaced it and it runs the same as described above. Any help is much appreciated and mind you my drivers are the current nvidia drivers and i do not mess with my bios settings or system configs.

check the connections in your comp, as in the graphic card, i have heard a similar problem and he did have the power connection to his card plugged in, so double check everything to see if its all there.

possibly ur ram u have a good amount but mabye its going bad on u or some of it has gone bad. what kind of setup is it likke a 256mb then a 512? if so ur 512 may hhave gone out and ur only running on 256 which would bring u down alot

Yes I do have a 256 and a 512... but would a slot of ram gone bad cause a fps loss such that I have, I was kind of wondering this myself. And how would I determine if one of them is bad (my system does show that my computer has 756 megs of ram running btw).... wouldn't it show 256 or 512 if one of them was bad? Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back